Update from Priceless (Fancy Freda)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I have been at my home since the end of January this year; to start with I was a little perplexed by my new people, they would look at me and want nothing and I didn’t really know what to do with myself. It was very strange but they seem to be getting the hang of me as time goes by. :)
My new family started with some rules for me, I’m not allowed in the kitchen or in the bedroom and other parts of the house, also the leather couch in the lounge (but watch this space I’m working on it!). Mum was away for a few days a week to start with so I put Dad through his paces a bit, he’s a bit of a softy and I very quickly learnt how gentle he was with me even when I was doing naughty things. Okay okay I got on the bed and I know I’m not allowed there but it’s so warm and cushy and fun to play on. 

Mum is here all the time now and her and Dad take me in the car for adventures quite a bit. We went to stay with some people (Mum’s parents) and they soon fell in love with me, one of them gave me a heap of treats so that was fun. They put up some special gates so I had a safe space and I got to sleep with Mum and Dad (on the floor which was not ideal!!!). They also left a door open and so I got to go exploring which was so fun but Mum called me and I thought I best come back to keep her happy (it was possibly Mum’s happiest moment to see me running back to her :).
They took me to visit their friends Clare and Matt and their greyhounds  Zing and Gerry, it was really fun and I had Zing and Gerry wrapped around my paw very quickly, we had fun sleeping together and trotting about. We also had a run around their garden which was so fun, but then a tree jumped out of nowhere and got me, it really hurt so Mum and Clare took me to the vet and I don’t know what he did but I don’t remember the rest of the day (anti-inflammatory and painkillers). I had to take it easy for a bit after that but it was fine, (gave Mum and Dad a big fright though, think they realised just how much they loved me :)

We also went to the A & P show and I got to meet some other hounds! It was so hot but lots of fun. I had my picture taken with some hounds and children and the children were very nice, though I think they are, as creatures go, a little odd. When we went on another adventure one of the children came and said hello and offered me their biscuit and then ran away, when I followed he started making this awful noise so I went the other way, odd creatures for sure! :)
Not long after the A & P show we went for a hound coffee date, which was so cool, I got to play with other hounds and run about with them and even found biscuits in the grass. It was a great day! I did get asked to get out of the garden though, but I was only sniffing about! (Thanks Sally and Fleet)
Dad takes me for a walk in the morning, if I’m good we go down the cat street. Fascinating creatures cats! Some run away and some just look at me staunchly, but I love seeing them!  Mum and Dad usually take me for a walk in the evening too, sometimes we go in the car for an adventure and sometimes we go around the street. Either way when I know its walk time I get so excited I just can’t contain myself, I race around the couch and around the bedroom (I’m allowed in there now as its getting cold at night) and my whole body folds in half with exuberance, apparently its funny to watch because Mum and Dad are always smiling. But I know I have to come and stay still and calm to get my collar on and wait for them to take the lead out walking.
Walkies! Which way are we going to go ? :)
All in all I sleep a lot now I’ve settled into my home, I love my couch and my walks and Mum even invited me onto the leather couch the other night for a cuddle, I must have been good but she was muttering something about a slippery slope, whatever that means?
All in all I can’t really complain about my new life, it’s different but all that’s expected of me is that I relax and be a pet. Well that’s what I think, I get heaps of cuddles and love and treats and good food and sleep :). If I come when called and lay down (I’m learning this at the moment and well I’m told) when asked I get even more treats!!! Not a bad gig really, I think I’ll stay. :)

0 comments: