Update from Solo !

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gorgeous little Solo was our foster doggie, before he went to live in Coromandel, with Maureen and John. We just got an update from him (seems he is having a fantastic time with his new family :):

Well, it's been just over a month now since I found my forever home with Maureen and John, and I have to say I'm very happy. I think I've got my new people just where I want them - and they were surprisingly easy to train. Life is pretty breezy up here on the Northern Coromandel. I have a nice house and a large garden, and the sea's not far away.
I'm enjoying my two meals a day, and I think I've put on a little bit of weight (and muscle) which my folks seem to be pleased about. Dad takes me for a walk in the mornings, when I love sniffing the hedgerows, and Mum walks me to the beach in the evenings, where I love to paddle in the shallows and sniff round all the trees and things on the foreshore..

I have three main beds: my favourite is nearest to my people's bed, which is where I sleep at night. Then my number two bed is positioned where I can keep an eye on things in the kitchen. I like to know what's going on at all times, and I'll shift beds accordingly to keep up with things. (Mum calls it being nosy, but we'll ignore that). My number three bed is actually a big settee outside on the deck, which is where I like to lounge with my breakfast chicken frame, or my bones and chews. There's also a nice view across the garden to the sea. I'm allowed on the human bed during the daytime, and sometimes first thing in the morning, when I wake up before they do but they don't want to get up. Then I'm allowed to snuggle down between them on my back, which I love!

Dad and me :)
It took me quite a while to master the steps up to the house without panicking or rushing. Mum used to help me up them at first, lifting each foot in turn. And then I used to rush going down them - even though Mum tried to help me - which meant I skinned my back legs quite a few times. I'm much better at it now. I go up the steps no trouble at all, and I've learnt to go down at a much slower pace, which means I don't hurt myself any more.

Although the downstairs house is all open plan, I also learned very quickly not to step into the kitchen area - and to stay out of the bathroom if the door is open. I've no idea why, but it seems to please them when I do as they ask, so I go along with it.
I don't like the rain! A light drizzle is acceptable but anything else and I flatly refuse to leave the house. Well, wouldn't you?
I'm looking forward to going to my first GAP run soon, and my folks seem to be looking forward to it, too.
Oh, and I have my own Blog - please come and have a look (and update your bookmarks!!!). Here is the link:
http://awordfromsolo.wordpress.com/
Here are some photos that Mum's taken of me. Aren't I just too gorgeous???


0 comments: