An update from Piper :-)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We got a lovely letter from GAP girl Piper, who was adopted by Long Family:

In April 2009 I found a home with the Long family, who live on the Kapiti Coast. At first I found it quite difficult to settle into a strange place and a different routine, but it did not take long to get used to things with just a few accidents along the way.

Sox the cat already lived here and although I like her and quite often nudge her to see if she is game for a bit of mucking around I think she just tolerates me and gives me a telling off on occasions. Well she is a bit old and does not like running around as much as I do. It annoys me when she nicks my bed as soon as my back is turned.
Here she is:

Not long after I was taken home by my new family we moved house to one with much more space now I get to run around as much (or as little) as I like. Alex who is 10 is my best friend and we go on many adventures together, see the pictures below!


One of my other favorite past times is bathing in sunshine while my new mum Samantha works very hard in the garden, it exhausts me just watching her!

I also like trips out in the car taking my new dad to the railway station to catch the train to work and to Otaki Gorge, however the water can be a bit cold at times, so I usually let Alex test it first, not daft me!

My new family say that I am a bit of a Houdini as I have learnt to open all the doors in the house and not even the electric garage door can keep me in. My favorite trick of all time is taken the blue cheese when no one is looking, however seem to get into a lot of trouble when I do that.

I have have been here for 8 months now and feel very settle and look forward and look forward to growing old here.

A very happy Piper.

1 comments:

Toni Gauge said...

love the write up. Piper is the reason we now have two greyhounds :-)