Update from Leroy (Soho Prince)

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cute boy Leroy (Soho Prince) now lives with Ernie and her hubby in Wellington. Ernie just sent us an update:

Leroy has adapted to life with us well, save for a few initial hiccups with toileting which worked itself out. He is a very "aim to please" dog. We go on heaps of walks and runs in his favourite parks. He is a legend on a lead, and when let off, always sticks close by. We have become fast friends, and I couldn't imagine a life without him now. He is definetely integrated into a part of our family. I love him to bits.
When he just arrived, I introduced him to the rest of the family, including Charley the cat. For the first few weeks, they pretty much steered clear of each other, but now Leroy is trying to get Charley to play, which he's not too keen on. But as soon as I tell Leroy "off the cat" he backs right off. My husband initally was not too keen on getting a greyhound, but even he has succumbed to Leroy's charms.
I have just signed Leroy up for Canine Friend Pet Therapy which is an organization that matches well behaved pets with the elderly. His personality, very outgoing and friendly yet calm is a perfect match for this and I'm excited to get started.
I am looking forward to many happy days with our dog and couldn't be happier with the decision to go with a retired racing greyhound. I would also like to say how supportive everyone has been at GAP; everyone has time for questions and I am very appreciative of this.

0 comments: