Meet Louie's Mum, Charlston Babe!

Monday, February 28, 2011
.
This weekend I went for an unexpected road trip to Auckland. On the way back, I stopped at Louie's trainers' greyhound kennels , and I FINALLY got some pictures of his Mum, Ellie (Charlston Babe).
I met Ellie 2 years ago, shortly after I adopted Louie, but I somehow never managed to get photos of her.
So here is gorgeous 12 year old Ellie, who has been Louie's trainer's pet greyhound for years:

You can see where Louie gets his obsession with the couch :)





Also, I met famous Yambla Jack! I saw him racing before and always thought that he was stunning looking and clever racer . This amazing dog earned almost $90,000 in ONLY 84 starts! Incredible or what???

Well, I had no idea, but he has also retired at his trainer's house. He is the cutest, soppiest, cuddliest, gorgeous doggie. He wags his tail furiously whenever he sees anyone, and is THE CUTEST.
I loved Jack the moment I saw him -he has got the most clever eyes and an impressive demeanor. I have said it before and I will say it again: I love all greyhounds, but for me, there is something about top racing dogs, something in their temperament, something in their personalities and demeanor that makes them unique and simply uncomparable to any other dog. Maybe it is the experience they had, professional side to them , their genetics...I am not sure. The only thing I know is that for me, personally, top performing dogs' temperament, manners and friendliness impresses me the most.
And yes, My Louie was a top racer too :)

 Here is Jack with his little friend Anastasia:

Isn't the THE CUTEST?


Kisses for Anastasia
I also met 10 gorgeous greyhound puppies and their Mum Mel (Fancy Mel). OMG they are SO cute! They are 8 weeks old :) AND they already have a couch in their enclosure - I am NOT joking! Check out the pictures below - in the background, you can see a blue couch!!!! :)




And last but not the least, the pups' proud Mum, Fancy Mel:

0 comments: